Recently I heard a stat from a Realtor that 10% of the Bay Area’s population in the last 12 to 18 months, have left the Bay Area for other areas throughout CA and abroad. They have left for the following reasons:
- Less or no state taxes
- Lower home prices
- Lower cost of living
- Crime and homeless population plaguing our streets.
- Traffic and congestion
- For less politics
In addition, because of Shelter in Place (SIP) and Work From Home (WFH) companies have allowed employees to “zoom” in and work from home and not necessarily locally. Even, my staff an I have not been in the office since March of last year and were realizing, why even have an office any longer. In addition, so many companies like Tesla and Oracle are moving allowing employees to live and work elsewhere. We once saw Apple move to Texas but they quickly came back. Let’s see if that happens again with Tesla and all the other companies considering fleeing the state or Bay Area.
Lastly, I published a video on this subject with my good friend Cherie Schaller. Cherie is a top producing agent for Sotheby’s in the Rocklin, CA area that is seeing this trend more often:
If you are considering moving to to Rocklin, Roseville or surrounding areas where real estate is a fraction of the cost here. please contact Cherie at:
For more info on relocating out of the Bay Area or determining your purchase power, please go to https://101loan.com/purchasing-start/ or contact me at:
Senior Mortgage Advisor
408-377-4123 o 650-465-8957 c
101 Loan LLC – 6020 Hellyer Ave #150, San Jose, CA 95138
CA DRE #01165697 NMLS #121019
- Residential Financing for Purchases and Refinances on 1 to 4 unit properties.
- Reverse Mortgage Financing to include Conforming, Jumbo, HELOC Jumbo’s.
- Commercial & SBA Financing to include Multifamily, Office, Retail and Light Industrial.
- Access to over 50 banks with over 200 “Five Star” Reviews on Yelp, Google, Facebook and Linkedin.