The New Jumbo 2 to 1 Buydown…
I have a new loan product that helps developers sell more property in today’s high-rate market. It’s called 2 to 1 Jumbo Loan and no retail bank offers it.
The concept of this program works like this… Current jumbo rates are approximately 6%. The buydown (which is priced a tad higher than current market), allows the borrower or seller (builder or developer) to buy down the rate by 2% year 1 so instead of the borrower paying 6.5%, they pay 4.5% for the first 12 months. Year 2, the borrower pay’s 5.5%, then year 3, 6.5% for the remainder of the loan but will most likely refi in 1 to 2 years when rates go lower.
The cost of the buy down averages between $35k to $40k and put into an escrow account to cover the buydown over the life of the loan but is usually paid by the developer, builder or seller as a way to incent the buyer to purchase and close on the unit. In return, they get the following:
- On the price of $2m at 25% down, the P&I payment on the mortgage of $1.5m at 6.5% would be $9481/month. At 4.5%, the payment would be $7600/month saving the buyer/borrower $1881/month year 1 for 12 months.
- Year 2, the payment would be $8517/month saving $964/month over month 13 to month 24.
- Over 2 years, that’s a saving of $34,140 over 2 years.
Note: Payment above is P&I only and does not include property taxes and property insurance paid monthly. Above based on a purchase with borrowers having a 780 mid fico and above. Apr on 6.5% is 6.879.
This program will help more property be sold and we are the only lender in the US currently offering this program. Let me know if you’d like to discuss this further.
Senior Mortgage Advisor
650-465-8957 c 408-377-4123 o 408-608-1921 f
101 Loan – 1601 S De Anza Blvd, Suite 260, Cupertino, CA 95014
CA DRE- 01165697 NMLS- 121019 GMCC NMLS- 254895
101 Loan is an Associate of General Mortgage Capital Corporation
- Residential Financing for Purchases and Refinances on 1 to 4 unit properties.
- Reverse Mortgage Financing to include Conforming, Jumbo, HELOC Jumbo’s.
- Commercial & SBA Financing to include Multifamily, Office, Retail and Light Industrial.
- Access to over 50 banks with over 300 “Five Star” Reviews on Yelp, Google, Facebook and Linkedin.
Note: Interest rates and loan programs quoted are subject to change without notice or until locked and approved by lender.