Market Report and What the Unemployment Numbers are Saying…
Please See this Weeks Market Update that will Discuss the following:
- Last Weeks Market Review
- A Look Ahead – What to Expect
- How Zoom has changed the way we do business!
Next and Most Important…please see April’s unemployment numbers that were just released at 10am this morning. California’s unemployment rose from 2.9 in February to 5.3 in March to 15.5 in April (https://www.bls.gov/lau/).
Locally though, unemployment (still waiting for the numbers in the bay area), should be lower since we are a tech based economy with large cap companies with lots of cash in reserves (Example: Apple has 116 Billion in Cash). Once the bay area updates, I will send another report.
In Closing, the Basic Consensus is as follows:
If our (bay area) unemployment numbers are lower than the average of the state, coupled with low housing inventory and low rates, demand for housing should stay strong. If unemployment numbers are high, then we could be going into a recession as predicted by analysts throughout the country. Based on history though, we (bay area real estate) tends to outpace and outperform the rest of the country. As mentioned, I will update you once I have more info.
BTW…for more news in the future, always go here: https://101loan.com/blog/
All the Best,
Senior Mortgage Advisor
408-377-4123 o 650-465-8957 c 408-608-1921 f
101 Loan – 1601 S De Anza Blvd, Suite 260, Cupertino, CA 95014
CA DRE #01165697 NMLS #121019
- Residential Financing for Purchases and Refinances on 1 to 4 unit properties.
- Reverse Mortgage Financing to include Conforming, Jumbo, HELOC Jumbo’s.
- Commercial & SBA Financing to include Multifamily, Office, Retail and Light Industrial.
- Access to over 50 banks with over 200 “Five Star” Reviews on Yelp, Google, Facebook and Linkedin.